THE JOURNEY SO FAR


Joy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was thinking about the coming week's advent emphasis on joy. Joy is a perfect response to provision. I've been in need so often this year, and when God or other people stepped in, overwhelming me by meeting that need, joy was an almost involuntary reaction. Well, almost.

It has taken being willing to admit I'm not living in some category of humanity that can demand my needs be met. I'm just a man and an imperfect one at that. And I'm living in a world that's bent in such a way that even the innocent children are denied basic needs of life. Don't get me going on that. Another post, perhaps.

The point is that James was right. James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

My kids are coming home for the holidays starting tomorrow. That's a gift. We had enough to pay our bills again this month. Another gift. God's provided me with great coworkers and projects that are bringing him honor. A privilege and a gift. And I'm closer to my heavenly Father than I was a year ago. I am overwhelmed with God's blessing. What a joy.

And like the angels with the shepherds, I'm realizing my fears have been a waste of time. The Saviour is here. The Messiah. The Peace with God I've always and will always need has been established. There's good news that means joy for every person.

It's not a perfect world. I'm not a perfect person. But there's much I can do to bring joy in the world around me.

God help me see the needs of others and then let you use me as a gift worthy of the giver.

Durand

0 Responses to “Joy”

Post a Comment



XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 THE JOURNEY SO FAR | Blogger Templates