THE JOURNEY SO FAR


Paddy's Day Cajun Style

I wasn't fully aware of what my brother in law Ben Showalter had in mind when we set out for a Saturday morning excursion this weekend. We were scheduled to speak in our churches around New Orleans on Sunday, but had some time to enjoy our family that lives in Hammond, Louisiana.

Ben said we were headed to the Amite Oyster Festival. Turns out it was in a town near where my mom grew up. But without phone numbers and directions, I had no way of contacting kin folk. We simply went along for the adventure with Ben and Joanne to the festival. What a cross-cultural experience. I've included a little slide show for you to get a feel for it.

Durand




XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 THE JOURNEY SO FAR | Blogger Templates